Friday, November 10, 2006

Gmail's new feature

Let’s go through them, shall we?

01. Reply on top: Now we don’t have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a message to click “Reply.” How convenient! As if we weren’t already lazy enough…

02. Embarassment-reducing new message notifications: Thank you thank you! This will keep me from looking the fool when someone else in the loop knows better. Again thank you! Actually, those in my mailing groups should thank you because they will be notified as soon as I send my reply. Then they won’t have to waste their time with a response.

03. Forward all: You can now forward the entire conversation. I’m not sure how useful this will be since most of the replies will copy the previous message anyway, but WOOHOO. I can forward all!

04. Chat even when your friends are offline: Gmail will now serve as my friends’ answering machines! SUPER because I was too busy to just email them anyway…

05. Get Gmail on your mobile phone: Yes, but is it free? Will it use up my minutes? Yeah, didn’t think so.

Thank you, Google, for all these fun features. I’m sure someone out there will find them even more useful than I have. (Don’t get me wrong - I heart Gmail… I’m having issues, and the little exclamation at the top of my email was asking for it. I never had the bitch factor in me, just the whiny factor.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BACK-LINKS and PAGE-RANK WEB DIRECTORY